BSS Curbside Trash & Recycling Guidelines
Thank you for choosing Benfield Sanitation Services for your waste collection and recycling needs. Please follow these simple guidelines when preparing your material for collection.
• Trash & Recycling carts must be placed at the street the night before your scheduled collection day. Collection times can vary for a number of reasons and Drivers may not return to residences if your cart is not out when the truck is in your neighborhood.
• Please set the cart within 6 feet of the road edge with the wheels and handle toward the road.
• Our service includes collection of “one” 95 gallon rollout cart provided by us. If you need more service, an additional cart can be provided for a fee.
• Please contact the office at least 24 hours before your regularly scheduled collection day to request the pick-up of bulky items and/or excessive amounts of trash. Drivers must have a work order to collect these items. Additional fees apply for bulk pickup.
• According to Federal law, BSS is not permitted to accept batteries, tires, liquids, combustible materials or any items identified as hazardous. Local laws prohibit the collection of yard waste, leaves, Christmas trees, appliances, and construction debris.
• Drums, barrels, yard and household containers are not acceptable trash or recycling containers and will be assumed trash if placed at the curb. We must be able to dump the containers using the tippers on our trucks.
• Drums, barrels, yard and household containers are not acceptable trash containers and will be assumed trash if placed at the curb.
• Bills are sent out quarterly and in advance. Invoices may be prorated for a specific service period. Payments are due upon receipt. Late payments or returned checks may result in additional charges to your account and your service could be interrupted. Click here for more payment info or to pay your bill online.